source documentation tool doxygen

От Joachim Wieland
Тема source documentation tool doxygen
Дата
Re: source documentation tool doxygen  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I've created a browsable source tree "documentation", it's done with the
doxygen tool.

http://www.mcknight.de/pgsql-doxygen/cvshead/html/

There was a discussion about this some time ago, Jonathan Gardner proposed
it here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-03/msg00748.php

quite a few people found it useful but it somehow got stuck. The reason was
apparently that you'd have to tweak your comments in order to profit from
it as much as possible.

However I still think it's a nice-to-have among the online documentation
and it gives people quite new to the code the possibility to easily check
what is where defined and how... What do you think?

doxygen can also produce a pdf but I haven't succeeded in doing that so far,
pdflatex keeps bailing out. Has anybody else succeeded building this yet?

Joachim

--
Joachim Wieland                                              joe@mcknight.de
C/ Usandizaga 12 1°B                                           ICQ: 37225940