Re: Plans for 8.2?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Plans for 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 10:40:40PM +0100, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
> I will also point out that none of the replication solutions have the
> same solid reputation as postgresql. As long the postgresql team will
> not endorse a replication solution, you can not expect people to put the
> same trust in these solutions as we put into postgresql itself.

So you're saying that unless PostgreSQL Core (which I assume you're
referring to with "postgresql team") endorse a pile of code that they
neither wrote, audited nor have any experience with, it won't be good
enough for you?

I rather they didn't endorse anything they wern't sure of. Replication
is hard. There are many replication solutions for Postgres, both
multi-master and master/slave and sync/async. I'd rather these products
prove themselves than by anyone stamping them Endorsed.

> Oracle do endorse their own replication solution after all.

I suppose they had a hand in writing it too...

Have a nice day,

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist