Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization

От: Frank Wiles
Тема: Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization  (Jamal Ghaffour, )
 Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization  (Jamal Ghaffour, )
  Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization  (Andrew Lazarus, )
   Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization  (Jamal Ghaffour, )
  Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization  (Jaime Casanova, )
 Re: Please Help: PostgreSQL performance Optimization  (Frank Wiles, )

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 01:32:10 +0100
Jamal Ghaffour <> wrote:

> I'm using the default configuration file, and i m asking if i have to
> change some paramters to have a good performance.

  In general the answer is yes.  The default is a pretty good best guess
  at what sorts of values work for your "typical system", but if you run
  into performance problems the config file is where you should look
  first, provided you've done the simple things like adding good
  indexes, vacumm analyze, etc.

  You'll want to consult the following various documentation out there
  to help your properly tune your configuration:

  http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html
  http://www.powerpostgresql.com/Docs
  http://www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList
  http://www.revsys.com/writings/postgresql-performance.html

  Hopefully these will help you understand how to set your configuration
  values.

   Frank Wiles <>
   http://www.wiles.org