Re: getting access to geodistance (what do I need to install/enable) in an existing db install

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: getting access to geodistance (what do I need to install/enable) in an existing db install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 04:20:05PM -0700, Assad Jarrahian wrote:
>  my appologies. It was a typo. The method is geo_distance(point, point)

Ah, I'd forgotten about that one.  geo_distance is part of the
contrib/earthdistance module, as your pg_admin output hints at:

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION geo_distance(point, point)
>   RETURNS float8 AS
> '$libdir/earthdistance', 'geo_distance'
>   LANGUAGE 'c' IMMUTABLE STRICT;
> ALTER FUNCTION geo_distance(point, point) OWNER TO postgres;

If you want to use that function then install contrib/earthdistance
(you'll have to install contrib/cube first because earthdistance
depends on it).  If you're not sure how to install those modules
then look around for files named cube.sql and earthdistance.sql and
load them into your database (cube.sql first).

--
Michael Fuhr