Re: Question about Postgresql time fields(possible bug)

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Question about Postgresql time fields(possible bug)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tony, Dave,

> That's not really the point. The ISO 8601 standard allows midnight to be
> expressed as 00:00:00 or 24:00:00 to enable you to tell which midnight
> is being referred to (ie. The beginning or the end of the day).

IIRC, the reason for supporting 24:00:00 is that some popular client
languages (including PHP, I think) use this number to express "midnight".
I personally also find it a useful way to distinguish between "blank
time" (00:00) an "specifically intentionally midnight" (24:00).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: Question about Postgresql time fields(possible bug)
Сообщение: Re: Question about Postgresql time fields(possible bug)