Re: Vacuum all tables unders under one schema (not under one database)

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Vacuum all tables unders under one schema (not under one database)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 11:39:09AM -0500, Emi Lu wrote:
> I'd like to vacuum all tables under a specific schema. Instead of
> specifying tables one by one under the schema (not one Database), is
> there a simple way to do it?

VACUUM works either on a specific table or on an entire database;
it doesn't have an option to vacuum a subset of tables such as all
those in a particular schema.  VACUUM also isn't allowed in server-side
functions so you can't write a function to do the job.  You could,
however, write a simple client application to query the system
catalogs and vacuum each table in a particular schema.  Maybe that
would be a useful option to add to vacuumdb.

Another possibility would be to use autovacuum.

--
Michael Fuhr