Fw: Is anyone interested in getting PostgreSQL working on mips[el]?

От Jim Buttafuoco
Тема Fw: Is anyone interested in getting PostgreSQL working on mips[el]?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

I can confirm that HEAD does not initdb because of a SIGBUS as reported below by Martin Pitt @ debian (see his email
below).  My build farm member (corgi) did pass all checks 6 days ago (I was having some issues with the build farm
code before that).  If anyone would like to SSH into the box, please contact me via email and I will get an account
setup.  Right now, I am trying to build 8.1 to see if it passes.

Thanks
Jim

From: Martin Pitt <mpitt@debian.org>
To: debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Sent: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:39:58 +0100
Subject: Is anyone interested in getting PostgreSQL working on mips[el]?

Hi mips porters!

For a fair while now PostgreSQL (7.4, 8.0, 8.1) do not work at all on
mips and mipsel. The postmaster immediately dies with a SIGBUS.

It's pretty hard to track down, gdb stacktrace is unusable. Also, I
was not able to get it to work in any of the various gcc
version/optimization/PostgreSQL version/patch combinations I tried.
[1] has some details of my findings so far.

Thus I asked for removing the mips and mipsel debs for now until this
is fixed [2].

Is any mips expert interested to track this down?

Thanks,

Martin

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-10/msg00118.php

Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de