Re: Strange behavior

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Strange behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:26:27PM -0200, Bruno Almeida do Lago wrote:
> #!/bin/bash
>
> imprime () {
>  echo `date +"%d/%m/%y %H:%M:%S |"` $*
> }
>
> BANCOS=`psql -Atl | cut -d"|" -f1 | grep -v template`
> for BANCO in $BANCOS; do
>     imprime "Inicio do backup da base $BANCO"
> done
>

> [psql8@webix backup_psql8]$ ./backup.sh
> psql: could not send startup packet: Broken pipe

What version of PostgreSQL are you using?  What operating system
and version?  Does anything show up in the postmaster or system
logs?  How repeatable is the problem?  Does it happen with a one-line
script that executes just a simple psql command?

We've seen previous reports of "Broken pipe" that turned out to be
caused by exhausted resources -- could that be the problem?

--
Michael Fuhr