Re: Reordering columns in a table

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Reordering columns in a table
Дата
Re: Reordering columns in a table  (Berend Tober <btober@seaworthysys.com>)
Список pgsql-general
John McCawley <nospam@hardgeus.com> schrieb:
> However, in the real world, columns are often added willy-nilly as they are
> needed, and it is not immediately obvious which, if any, of the columns
> will be related.  Later, solely for visual clarity, it is desirable to have
> the ability to reorder the columns in the database.  I wouldn't depend on

I understand you, but i repeat Joshua and Berend: PostgreSQL hasn't a
build-in solution for this.
And i think, other systems do this:

- begin
- create a new temp. table with the new order
- insert all values from the old table in the new temp. table
- drop the old table
- rename the temp. table to the old table name
- commit

You can do the same, no problem.

HTH, Andreas, and sorry for my bad english
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)