Problems building pg 8.1.1

От mordicus
Тема Problems building pg 8.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm unable to compile PostgreSQL 8.1.1 on my Suse 10.0 with thread safety
enabled.

./configure --prefix=/opt/pgsql8.1.1 --enable-thread-safety --with-python
checking thread safety of required library functions... no
configure: error:
*** Thread test program failed.  Your platform is not thread-safe.
*** Check the file 'config.log'for the exact reason.
***
*** You can use the configure option --enable-thread-safety-force
*** to force threads to be enabled.  However, you must then run
*** the program in src/tools/thread and add locking function calls
*** to your applications to guarantee thread safety.

And when I look in config.log, I have :

configure:22455: checking thread safety of required library functions
configure:22483: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels
-fno-strict-aliasing
 -pthread  -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
-DIN_CONFIGURE -D_GNU_SOURCE    conftest.c -lz -lreadline -lcrypt -lresolv
-lnsl -ldl -lm
   -lpthread    >&5
conftest.c:140:44: error: ./src/tools/thread/thread_test.c: No such file or
directory
configure:22486: $? = 1
configure: program exited with status 1

Is it a problem with my system or is it a configur bug ?

thanks