'Official' definition of ACID compliance?

От Russ Brown
Тема 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?
Дата
Re: 'Official' definition of ACID compliance?  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Does anyone know where I can find the 'official' definition of what it
meant by ACID compliance?

We're having a discussion about it that we could do with resolving. In
particular, the key point is what it meant by the 'C' part. I maintain
that MySQL is not ACID compliant because it will (among other things)
swallow integers that don't fit into a column silently and just
truncate it, while our DBA (while agreeing that this is not good
behaviour) maintains that this is not what the C part means: he says
that's just about transaction states (succeed or fail etc).

Anyone have a link?

Thanks.

--

Russ