Re: pgsql: Stamp release 8.1.2.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql: Stamp release 8.1.2.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I thought about that again, and there are so many place to patch, where
> > do I do patches and where do I not?  There is no clear line on what
> > should be stamped.
>
> Sure there is: what it says to do in RELEASE_CHANGES.  There's no reason
> to turn that crank until we're just about ready to wrap.

You know how many places need to be changed for four releases?   There
are a lot, and if we wait until the end, there is less time to check it.
We are more prone to error if we limit the time we can do stamping.  It
seems easier to just stamp configure.in with a dummy commit message than
to bundle all this stuff for the end.