Re: Anyone doing a 8.1.0-ia64-RHEL4-as.rpm ?

От Benjamin Smith
Тема Re: Anyone doing a 8.1.0-ia64-RHEL4-as.rpm ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm using CentOS 4.2 on a dual-opteron, but I'd guess it'd probably work for
IA64...

Try putting this somewhere in your /etc/yum.repos.d/...

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
includepkgs=postgresql* compat-postgresql-libs*
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

You'll need to import the RPM-GPG-KEY first, and make sure you backup your
postgres. Simply yum update from PG 7.x to 8.x will have some nasty surprises
without a dump/reload.

Then, use yum...

-Ben

On Wednesday 04 January 2006 03:04, DANTE ALEXANDRA wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is anyone working on an 8.1.0 RPM for IA64 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
> AS ?
> On the web site :
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.1/linux/rpms/redhat/, I have
> found a "rhel-as 4" version for RHEL4 but I don't think it is a version
> for IA64.
>
> Could someone explain me how generate this rpm ?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Regards,
> Alexandra DANTE

- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978