Re: mark wath catalogs are shared - was:(Re: [NOVICE] which database

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: mark wath catalogs are shared - was:(Re: [NOVICE] which database
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <systemguards@gmail.com> writes:
> > On 1/3/06, pres <pgn.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> i would find it helpful if Table 42-1 included a column that identified
> >> whehter each catalog is shared or not.  convenient, but given that the
> >> documentation does contain it, not necessary.
>
> > is this acceptable or usefull? if so, i can do it after work...
>
> It seems like clutter to me.  Whether a catalog is shared or not is not
> necessarily the first thing you want to know about it.

I am thinking the table should be split into two, one for the global
tables, and another for the db-local tables.  I don't think we make it
clear enough which tables are global.

Сообщение: Re: mark wath catalogs are shared - was:(Re: [NOVICE] which database to login to to create global users?)
Сообщение: Re: mark wath catalogs are shared - was:(Re: [NOVICE] which database to login to to create global users?)