Re: Problem restoring db-dump on Postgres 8.0.4 Power5

От Peter Alberer
Тема Re: Problem restoring db-dump on Postgres 8.0.4 Power5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hmmm, i suspect the problem comes from the fact that i did not globally
change gcc to use -m64 nor did I set the enviroment flags (CFLAGS), but
changed the command in the makefile. The configure script did its tests with
the default -m32 and did not define HAVE_LONG_INT_64. Maybe even
INT64_IS_BUSTED is defined for my system...

I tried to run configure with the CFLAGS set to -m64 and it successfully
sets HAVE_LONG_INT_64 in src/include/pg_config.h. So that seems to be my
problem! Btw, after setting the CFLAGS prior to running configure even
ACCEPT_TYPE_ARG3 is defined to be socklen_t.

What do I have to do now? Can I simply continue to run my database instance
(from the existing binary data dictionary) after a recompile/reinstall of
the postgres binaries with a configure script aware of -m64? Or do I have to
fear that the instance is corrupted somehow? Should I do a dump/restore?

Regards, peter