Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [Bizgres-general] WAL bypass for INSERT, UPDATE and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Jim C. Nasby (jnasby@pervasive.com) wrote:
> Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. I agree; if you trust some process
> enough to have MVCC-affecting rights then you should be able to trust it
> with full ownership rights.

About that, I have to disagree. :)  I've got a case where this isn't
true, see my other post please.  Giving someone truncate rights is
*very* different from allowing them to drop a table or change the
definition of the table.
Thanks,
    Stephen