Re: inserting many rows

От Tyler MacDonald
Тема Re: inserting many rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
    You probably want something like "COPY table_name FROM STDIN";
here's an example from a table that defines flags:

COPY auth_flag (id, name, description) FROM stdin;
2    Admin    System Administrator Access
4    New Password    User must change password on next login
8    Super Admin    Allow this administrator to edit other administrators
\.

    (Those are real tabs between the fields, not spaces). See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-copy.html for more info.

    One caveat: If any of your columns are sequences, you'll have to
update their values manually after doing the COPY.

    Chees,
        Tyler