Re: Query in postgreSQL version Windows

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Query in postgreSQL version Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 04:01:56PM -0500, Ardian Xharra (Boxxo) wrote:
> I installed PostgreSQL on windows and when I try to run some
> queries pgadmin says an error.

What version of PostgreSQL?  What's the exact error message?  That
often provides a clue as to what's wrong.  I'll guess that the
Windows box is running 8.1.x and the error is:

ERROR:  missing FROM-clause entry for table "pg_class"

> I know that if I change the query this it will work but is it
> possible to make this quey work in this way

Why don't you want to rewrite the query?

> SELECT atthasdef
> FROM pg_attribute
> WHERE attrelid=pg_class.oid AND pg_class.relname='client_overtime' AND attname='id_client_overtime'
>
> This query works fine in PostgreSQL (Linux-Unix platform)

Another guess: the Linux box is running a version of PostgreSQL
older than 8.1, or if it's running 8.1 then you've enabled
add_missing_from.  As the 8.1 Release Notes mention, that option
is now disabled by default.  Rather than trying to make the query
work as-is, rewrite it to be proper SQL by adding pg_class to the
FROM clause.

--
Michael Fuhr