Re: Linker Problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Linker Problems
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"isaac flemmin" <isaac@knox.net> writes:
> Yes I did double check that line in ld.so.conf and it is okay. I even
> ran ldconfig -p to check the ld.so.cache file and see if the actual
> files from the directory were in the cache and they were. So I am rather
> confused as to why it will not link unless I specifically use -L to show
> the path.

AFAIR, ld.so.conf only affects the behavior of the dynamic loader.
You *also* need to persuade the compiler/linker to find the library
during link.

I believe gcc's default link search path can be configured if you're
willing to futz with its config file, but it might be a lot easier
just to drop the library in one of the standard places, eg,
/usr/local/lib...