Re: How import big amounts of data?

От Teemu Torma
Тема Re: How import big amounts of data?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thursday 29 December 2005 10:48, Arnau wrote:
>    Which is the best way to import data to tables? I have to import
> 90000 rows into a column and doing it as inserts takes ages. Would be
> faster with copy? is there any other alternative to insert/copy?

I am doing twice as big imports daily, and found the follwing method
most efficient (other than using copy):

- Use plpgsql function to do the actual insert (or update/insert if
needed).

- Inside a transaction, execute SELECT statements with maximum possible
number of insert function calls in one go.  This minimizes the number
of round trips between the client and the server.

Teemu

Сообщение: Re: How import big amounts of data?
Сообщение: Re: How import big amounts of data?