Re: ?linux distro?

От Gordon Haverland
Тема Re: ?linux distro?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wednesday 28 December 2005 17:11, Randy Burkhardt wrote:
> I'm putting Postgresql 8.1 on linux intel x86 boxes for getting
> my Postgresql feet wet.  Which linux distros are good for
> Postgresql 8.1? Desktop type or otherwise..

This is at best, a religious question.  Much of the installation
of distribution supported packages is dependent on the flavour of
linux you are using.  If most of your boxes are Mandrake, I would
try to stay with Mandrake.  I am a Debian (unstable) person, and
I consistently see activity from the Debian packagers on this
mailing list.  So, I would think that Debian linux support is
good.  But if you are used to RPM based packages, I don't think
that PostgreSQL is a valid reason to change from whatever RPM
based distribution you are running to something Debian based
(.deb).

Gord