Re: Fixing row comparison semantics

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Fixing row comparison semantics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 01:29:19PM +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Can we save current behave (with small modification) with other operator,
> like <*
>
> (1,1) <* (1,2) = true
> (1,2) <* (2,1) is NULL
> (2,3) <* (1,2) = false
>
> it's usefull for multicriterial optimalisation

That's strange. That's not just doing less-than, but also
distinguishing between equal-to and greater-than. So at the very least
you've have to choose an operator like <=>.

Seems to me you should just define your own operator on an array type
and use that. I don't think the above could use an index scan for
speeding it up so there's no point trying to treat it specially.

Have a nice day,

Сообщение: Re: Fixing row comparison semantics
Сообщение: Re: Fixing row comparison semantics