Re: Tsearch 2, index in different table?

От
Тема Re: Tsearch 2, index in different table?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying this post again, since I can't post on
> pgsql-general....
>
> Is it possible to store an index in a different
> table? Instead of
> keeping the index in a separate column, I have a
> separate table for
> storing all indexes. I am trying to set up something
> like this:
>
> UPDATE indexTable SET

index1=to_tsvector('default',coalesce(Table1.Data,''));

Mag, i don't have any input how to do this, but i am
curious as to what motivated you to set up an index
table in this manner.

will you share your motivation here?

tia...

OE1

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: long transaction with concurrent SELECT statements
От: s anwar
Сообщение: Postgres 8.1 choosing the larger index for an index scan