Re: Is CREATE TYPE an alias for CREATE DOMAIN?

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Is CREATE TYPE an alias for CREATE DOMAIN?
Дата
Re: Is CREATE TYPE an alias for CREATE DOMAIN?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 09:36:52AM +0000, Richard Huxton wrote:
> John Dean wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >Could somebody please tell me if CREATE TYPE is equivalent to CREATE
> >DOMAIN? If not is there a work around
>
> What do you mean by "equivalent"? You wouldn't use them in the same way,
> and I'm not sure what a work-around would consist of.
>
> What are you trying to do?

Some (most?) database's idea of 'creating a type' is actually what we
consider creating a domain, since many databases don't support users
adding arbitrary types to the system. I suspect this user is trying to
port some code over...