Re: horology regression test failure

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: horology regression test failure
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2005 08:21 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> However, if --bindir etc. cannot be set, then maybe configure should
> not offer these options?

They can be set and support for that will not go away.  But if you choose
unfortunate combinations of locations, the installation becomes
unrelocatable.  Having a relocatable installation is a fairly uninteresting
feature for binary package building on Linux systems (it was mainly intended
for Windows), so I would not worry about that.

The problem with the temporary-installation regression tests has always been
that they sometimes erroneously refer to the declared final installation
location rather than the temporary installations.  Rpaths have been a
particular problem.  This is something that one justs deals with manually.  I
suppose one could add, say, an environment variable override for the time
zone database but I'm not sure that we need a global solution for such a rare
failure case.