Re: horology regression test failure

От Martin Pitt
Тема Re: horology regression test failure
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi!

Tom Lane [2005-12-20 17:16 -0500]:
> Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> writes:
> >  ./configure --libdir=3D3D/usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/lib --bindir=3D3D/usr=
/lib/pos=3D
> > tgresql/8.1/bin
>=20
> > is enough to reproduce the problem. With only --libdir, it works, and
> > with only --bindir the test suite does not run at all because the
> > postmaster cannot find $libdir (but that is still justifiable).
>=20
> Try adding --datadir=3D/usr/lib/postgresql/8.1/share to that.  Actually,
> you'd be best off replacing all three options with
>     --prefix=3D/usr/lib/postgresql/8.1
> because that will make sure that the entire installation is consistent.

When I only specify --prefix, it indeed works. However, it already
breaks again with

  ./configure --prefix=3D/usr/share/postgresql/8.1 --exec-prefix=3D/usr/lib=
/postgresql/8.1

I'm fine with dropping --bindir, --libdir, --datadir, but at least the
arch-independent and arch-dependent prefix should work. I do not want
to put all arch-independent data into /usr/lib, it would violate the
FHS and Debian Policy.

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks,

Martin

--=20
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?