Re: COPY command, linking foreign keys

От Srinivas Iyyer
Тема Re: COPY command, linking foreign keys
Список pgsql-novice

(0 rows)

Table : gene_exp_temp

 temp_name | temp_exp
-----------+----------
 AARS      |      100
 AGC1      |      200
 APOA5     |      201
 APOB      |      202

question : Inserting into gene_exp from gene_exp_temp:

insert into gene_exp (gene_id, gene_exp) values (
(select gene_id from gene_tab, gene_exp_temp where
gene_name = temp_name),
(selct temp_exp from gene_exp_temp, gene_tab where
temp_exp = gene_id));

Something is wrong somewhere. I know I am not still
matured enough in terms of linking data.  Could you
help me where the problem is?

Thanks Sean.

-Srini