Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption  ("Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> > So did you just rip it from there into psql? I don't see it in the
> > list of libpq exports so if thats not the case, on Windows at least
> > we'll need to change the api, and possibly the dll name as well to
> > avoid any compatibility issues.
>
> And a prototype in libpq-fe.h wouldn't hurt either... And a macro, to
> enable distinguishing md5-enabled libpq versions from older versions.

So it appears that pg_md5_encrypt is not officially exported from libpq.
Does anyone see a problem with adding it to the export list and the
header file?

--
Peter Eisentraut