Re: Should Oracle outperform PostgreSQL on a complex

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Should Oracle outperform PostgreSQL on a complex
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
OK, so while our bitmap scan allows multiple indexes to be joined to get
to heap rows, a star joins allows multiple dimensions _tables_ to be
joined to index into a larger main fact table --- interesting.

Added to TODO:

* Allow star join optimizations

  While our bitmap scan allows multiple indexes to be joined to get
  to heap rows, a star joins allows multiple dimension _tables_ to
  be joined to index into a larger main fact table.  The join is
  usually performed by either creating a cartesian product of all
  the dimmension tables and doing a single join on that product or
  using subselects to create bitmaps of each dimmension table match
  and merge the bitmaps to perform the join on the fact table.