BUG #2116: Searching text fields does not work in EUC_JP

От Jon Keating
Тема BUG #2116: Searching text fields does not work in EUC_JP
Дата
Re: BUG #2116: Searching text fields does not work in EUC_JP  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      2116
Logged by:          Jon Keating
Email address:      jon_keating@gcnet.co.jp
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.1
Operating system:   Win 2003
Details:

Hello, I found a problem with 8.1.0 so I upgraded to 8.1.1 but the issue
still persists.

I have a database with the default encoding set to EUC_JP and the client
(using pgAdmin III) is set to EUC_JP as well. THe issue is the following
query:

SELECT * FROM stock WHERE name = '日経500平均'; <-- Searching by
japanese text

This query returns nothing, but if I change the name = '... to name LIKE '..
it returns the data that I expect.

On my local machine (Win XP Pro SP2), I have an older version of PostgreSQL,
8.0.3 where the search by = works as expected. I am a little leary of
upgrading to 8.1.1 on my local machine since I need it on a daily basis to
work with these kinda queries.

Thanks,
Jon