Re: Update Query Problem

От
Тема Re: Update Query Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- Charley Tiggs <ctiggs@xpressdocs.com> wrote:

> Ooops.  apologies.  I've been in mysql too long.
>
> Charley
>
> On Dec 13, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Michael Fuhr wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 11:37:00AM -0600, Charley
> Tiggs wrote:
> >> There needs to be a reference to t_serial_number
> in the update
> >> clause:
> >>
> >> UPDATE t_job_number, t_serial_number
> >> SET contract_id = 30
> >> WHERE t_serial_number.serial_number_id = 78
> >> AND t_serial_number.job_number_id =
> >> t_job_number.job_number_id
> >
> > No version of PostgreSQL that I tested (7.3 and
> later) allows that
> > syntax, and it's not shown in the documentation.
> >
> > ERROR:  syntax error at or near "," at character
> 20
> > LINE 1: UPDATE t_job_number, t_serial_number
> >                            ^
> >
> > --
> > Michael Fuhr

actually, i've never used mysql (although that excuse
might be nice right now!).  this was my first
update...  and it didn't go very well.  -lol-

as for "line 1", i knew that didn't work b/c i tried
it in pgadmin - mostly out of desparation.  i guess i
inadvertantly copied it to my note.  make no mistake,
the query didn't work even w/o that bad synta.!

hopefully i'll be able to build off the basic update
example provided earlier so i can avoid trouble going forward.