Re: Which qsort is used

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Which qsort is used
Дата
Re: Which qsort is used  (Marko Kreen <markokr@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Qingqing Zhou wrote:

> Seems we don't link against the port/qsort.c - is there any reason for
> that? My tests indicates our qsort is much much faster than the libc's.

We haven't been able to determine if the OS's qsort or pgport's is
faster.  Right now we only force pgport qsort on Solaris (from
configure.in):
# Solaris has a very slow qsort in certain cases, so we replace it.if test "$PORTNAME" = "solaris";
thenAC_LIBOBJ(qsort)fi

Are you willing to say that we should always prefer pgport over glibc's
qsort()?

Pennsylvania19073