Re: Backslashes in string literals

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Backslashes in string literals
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > Between those and the release notes, I don't know what additional
> > information you want.  In the future you will set
> > standard_conforming_strings to on and backslashes will be treated
> > literally.
>
> Perhaps my language was ambiguous.  I'm not curious about the intended
> behavior from a user perspective, but what I might have missed in the
> source code which would have allowed me to write my patch to better
> comply with the documentation you cited.  Since the problem is in the
> lexer, the only way I could see to implement it as a run-time
> configuration option, rather than a compile-time option, would be to
> duplicate the lexer and maintain two sets of rules in parallel.  I
> generally try to avoid maintaining two parallel copies of code.  I'm
> curious whether I missed some other programming approach.

Oh, that question.  :-)  We haven't looked yet at what it will require
to do this in the lexer, but I think what we will eventually do is to
add a more generalized filter to the lexer, and have the actions behave
differntly based on the boolean of whether we are using sql-standard
strings.

If you keep you eye on hackers or the committers messages you will see
when we commit the change for 8.2.

Pennsylvania19073