Re: Backslashes in string literals

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Backslashes in string literals
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> <200512091824.28760.peter_e@gmx.net>, Peter Eisentraut
> <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Kevin Grittner wrote:
> >> direction PostgreSQL is headed is to drop the nonstandard escapes,
> >> unless an extended literal is explicitly used.  I've attached a
> patch
> >> which supports this as a configure option, using a
> >> -- enable- standard- strings switch.
> >
> > There is already a run- time configuration option
> > standard_conforming_strings which does what you seem to have in
> mind.
>
> As Bruce has mentioned, this is currently read-only, set to off.
>
> I needed something fast, and I could see a way to do it quickly with a
> configure switch, to compile it for standard behavior.  Since the
> non-standard behavior is in the lexer, I couldn't see any reasonable way
> to base it on a runtime switch.  I'm curious what is intended here.  Can
> anyone give a one-paragraph explanation of how this configuration option
> will work?

Have you read our documentation?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-CONSTANTShttp://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/runtime-config-compatible.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-COMPATIBLE-VERSION

Between those and the release notes, I don't know what additional
information you want.  In the future you will set
standard_conforming_strings to on and backslashes will be treated
literally.

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Reducing relation locking overhead
Сообщение: Re: Reducing relation locking overhead