Re: BLOB handling compatibility with PostgreSQL > 7.4

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BLOB handling compatibility with PostgreSQL > 7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Marc Herbert wrote:
> > I was thinking the ODBC driver should provide the appropriate
> > mapping.
>
> We aim to be as transparent as possible and avoid "mappings".
>  <http://www.continuent.org/>

So continuent is now writing an ODBC driver for PostgreSQL, or what are
you trying to say?

> Moreover, the respective interfaces have very different semantics
> (pointer or not). This can be a reason in itself to prefer one or the
> other type, whatever the underlying implementation is.

This is handwaving.  I know the section in the documentation; I wrote
it.  But what actual reasons do you have for using one or the other?

--
Peter Eisentraut