Re: Replication on the backend

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Replication on the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:35:43AM -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
> We do not plan to implement replication inside the backend. Replication
> needs are so diverse that pluggable replication support makes a lot more
> sense. To me it even makes more sense than keeping transaction support
> outside of the database itself and add it via pluggable storage add-on.

And, as I say every single time this comes up, Oracle's and IBM's and
MS's and everybody else's replication systems are _also_ add ons.  If
you don't believe me, look at the license costs.  You can get a
system without it enabled, which means (by definition) it's a modular
extension.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.                --Brad Holland