Re: trigger function with arguments from a sql command

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: trigger function with arguments from a sql command
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
am  07.12.2005, um 15:09:00 -0000 mailte Luis Silva folgendes:
> hi there, i'm having a big problem. I have this table
>

> CREATE TABLE test {
>
>     id int8 NOT NULL,
>     asname varchar(80) NOT NULL,
>     priority int2 NOT NULL,
>     serviceid,
>
>     CONSTRAIN PRIMARY KEY (id),
>     CONSTRAIN FOREIGN KEY (serviceid) REFERENCES service (id) MATCH FULL
> }
>
> and i need to make a trigger function that accept arguments insert in
> a INSERT INTO. The priority value must be unique for the same
> serviceid but it can be the same for different serviceid. how can i do
> that, pass the arguments of a command? tks in advance

1. you can't pass arguments to a trigger
2. you can create a unique index on (priority,serviceid).

test=# create table foobar (id int not null, prio int not null, serviceid int not null);
CREATE TABLE
test=# create unique index idx_foobar on foobar (prio, serviceid);
CREATE INDEX
test=# insert into foobar values (1,1,1);
INSERT 0 1
test=# insert into foobar values (1,1,2);
INSERT 0 1
test=# insert into foobar values (1,2,2);
INSERT 0 1
test=# insert into foobar values (1,2,2);
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "idx_foobar"

HTH, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer    (Kontakt: siehe Header)
Heynitz:  035242/47212,      D1: 0160/7141639