Re: PgSQL Initial Questions (before starting project)

От
Тема Re: PgSQL Initial Questions (before starting project)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> 1 - If I use PgSQL for DBMS, are PgSQL C++ bindings
> stable on Windows?
> Is it easy to connect to the DBMS from windows?

i think both C++ and pgsql play nice with odbc.  there
may be a better way to connect, but i don't know since
i don't know C++

> 2 - Can I sell the software? Do I need to
> open-source it even if I do
> not sell it?

as i udnerstand it, you can sell your software and are
not required to open source the project.  my non legal
opinion is no substitute for sound legal advice,
though.

> 3 - Is there a way to create forms, reports, etc
> from PgSQL databases?

C++ should allow you to format and display the data
you query from pgsql.  open reports also has some
reporting functionality along the lines of crystal
reports.  however, do check the licensing for open
reports.  you may not be able to package it with you
application, although your clients can likely set it
up on site.  check with your attorney.

good luck!

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com