Re: Replication on the backend

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: Replication on the backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>      Postgres-R, pgcluster, Slony-II. Some more advanced, some less. But
>      certainly nothing I would send into the ring against Oracle-Grid.

Assuming that you mean Oracle Real Application Cluster (the Grid is more,
right?) I wonder if this technology technically still counts as replication.
AFAIK they do not replicate data but share a common data pool among different
servers. You still have communication overhead but you write a tuple only
once for all servers involved. Takes away a lot of overhead on a system
that's heavily written too.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL