Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Luke Lonergan wrote:

> Has anyone done the math.on the original post?  5TB takes how long to
> scan once?  If you want to wait less than a couple of days just for a
> seq scan, you'd better be in the multi-gb per second range.

Err, I get about 31 megabytes/second to do 5TB in 170,000 seconds. I think
perhaps you were exaggerating a bit or adding additional overhead not
obvious from the above. ;)

---

At 1 gigabyte per second, 1 terrabyte should take about 1000 seconds
(between 16 and 17 minutes).  The impressive 3.2 gigabytes per second
listed before (if it actually scans consistently at that rate), puts it at
a little over 5 minutes I believe for 1, so about 26 for 5 terrabytes.
The 200 megabyte per second number puts it about 7 hours for 5
terrabytes AFAICS.