Re: Stored Procedure

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Stored Procedure
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:20:09PM +0100, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
> 8.1, hmm, that's brand new.

Yes, but give it a try, at least in a test environment.  The more
people use it, the more we'll find out if it has any problems.

> But, still, it's quite some coding for a complete recordset, not ?

How so?  The examples I posted are almost identical to how you'd
return a composite type created with CREATE TYPE or SETOF that type,
except that you declare the return columns as INOUT or OUT parameters
and you no longer have to create a separate type.  If you're referring
to how I wrote two sets of assignments and RETURN NEXT statements,
you don't have to do it that way: you can use a loop, just as you
would with any other set-returning function.

--
Michael Fuhr