Re: Deadlock problem

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Deadlock problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 02:49:53PM -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
> simultaneously, but internally only one is executed at a time.  Clearly
> running with autocommit = false requires some coordination of
> transactions, but multiple threads are not in and of themselves dangerous.

I'd _really_ like to see an example of an application that did this
correctly and without any bugs.  I've seen people do it, yes; but I
haven't seen it working without fairly serious problems.  (Besides,
isn't solving this sort of pain what a pool is for?  Why reinvent the
wheel, and make it square to boot?)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
        --attr. John Maynard Keynes