Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sun supporting PostgreSQL

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sun supporting PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sun supporting PostgreSQL  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Unfortunately, it's on purpose.   It's Marc's trademark again.  I can
>> say "PostgreSQL" but Sun's PR people are afraid to.  :-(
>
> I have got to meet these people's trademark attorneys (Sun, Pervasive)
> who think that they can't say "PostgreSQL" but can say "Postgres" or
> "PostgresSQL" with impunity.  I really need to have a meeting with them
> because I'm not sure how my Orakle support program is going to work
> out.

The funny thing is its only "the big companies" that seem concerned about
this ... and even then, there are big companies that don't have an issue
with using the name: SRA and Fujitsu being two that come to mind ...
*shrug*

----