Sun supporting PostgreSQL

От: Josh Berkus
Тема: Sun supporting PostgreSQL
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-announce

Community members:

Today, Sun announced that they would be supporting and shipping PostgreSQL
as a part of Solaris distribution.  The press release should be here very
soon, if it's not already:
http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/web_sunflash.html

This should come as no surprise to the hackers in our community who've
noticed an increasing number of @sun.com addresses on the pgsql-hackers
list in the last few months.  Sun's support for PostgreSQL will involve:
help in optimizing for Solaris; DTrace; Solaris packages; sponsorship of
community members and projects; and direct contributions/advice from Sun
engineers on database performance.   More later as this stuff actually
gets rolling.

I think almost everyone here will agree with me that Sun is a very welcome
addition to our community of corporate supporters.

--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team
www.postgresql.org

(all opinions expressed are my own; I do not speak
 for the Project unless specifically noted.)

В списке pgsql-announce по дате сообщения: