Re: Visual Studio 2005 not happy with postgresql

От P.M
Тема Re: Visual Studio 2005 not happy with postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

i did not experience such issue but when i use ODBCConnection from VS.NET 2005 (VB.net in fact), in debug mode, my connection test works perfectly, but when i try to create a DB on-fly, my VB.net seems to freeze... around the same time, that the timeout session is, and give me back the control displaying a message that connection has be closed....

but if i test my application in release mode, it works perfectly...

I suppose that VS.net ODBC connector has some issue with DB in debug mode....try your application in runtime.

HT,
Maileen

Tobias Britz <tobias.britz@ersystems.ch> wrote:
Hi community!

Here is my problem:
  • Postgresql 8.1 installed on windows XP (machine 1) with DB up and running. I can access/change/see all my tables, etc with EMS Postgresql manager
  • On Machine 2 (windows XP) I've installed the pg ODBC drivers 8.01.01 and created a System DSN to machine 1
  • I tested this DSN with MS Access, and I could see my tables, add items, launch queries
  • Now, I need to use Visual Studio 2005 (with .Net 2.0) for our pr oject and would like to be able to create XSD files visually (using the VS2005 built-in tools). In VS2005 Server Explorer, I created a new Database Connection, using the Microsoft ODBC Data Source (ODBC) with the .Net ODBC Data Provider selected. Pointed the thing to my working ODBC DSN and tested the connection
  • Connection works (says VS2005)
  • Now I have a new Data Connection in the Server Explorer, with 3 tree entries; Tables, Views, Procedures. My problem is that "Tables" is empty, "Views" is empty but "Procedures" contains hundreds of postgres functions.
  • I would like to see my tables and views!
Remark:
  • I tried OLEDB, whitout success either. VS2005 says that there where "some" errors and that "no work could be done"... cool he?!
Can someone please help me, as I've lost already 2 days figuring out what is going wrong here. I google nearly every forum about that..

Thanks in advance,

Tobias Britz
ER Systems SA