Re: [pgsql-www] 8.1 PDF Documentation.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] 8.1 PDF Documentation.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. November 2005 06:13 schrieb Bruce Momjian:
> > I am still unclear why there is no more reliable SGML toolchain for PDF
> > output after all these years.  Seems things have improved because we now
> > have bookmarks, but still, why is this functionality not more mainstream.
>
> I don't understand how you get from "ancient Acrobat can't display large PDF
> file" to "SGML toolchain is unreliable".

Well, historically we have had trouble generating PDF (particuarly
bookmarks), and it took _days_ to generate the output, which certainly
seems strange.

In fact, this is the first verion that has bookmarks, and that is 1/2
the value of a PDF file for me, so I see this release as a great leap
forward for us.  What I do not understand is why it has taken >5 years
for this to happen.

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] 8.1 PDF Documentation.
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] 8.1 PDF Documentation.