Re: Assert failure found in 8.1RC1

От Robert Creager
Тема Re: Assert failure found in 8.1RC1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:36:18 -0600
"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> wrote:

> Just to clarify, did it show the assert failure, the context switch
> storm, or both?

I didn't try for the assert after the patch.  I was developing the test when I
ran across the assert problem.  It should trigger the assert problem.

> Yes, I'd like to take a look at this if you could send it on to me. Is
> there any simple way to populate the database? I doubt people would be
> keen on having a 1MB dump in CVS...

Hmmm...  Should be possible to populate all the data algorithmically.  For the
most part, the specific data doesn't matter, just the general patterns in the
data.

I'll re-send the e-mail to you.

Cheers,
Rob