Encoding Issues

От Christopher Gillin
Тема Encoding Issues
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,

My current setup is a PostgreSQL server (7.4.5)
running on RH 9, a database with UNICODE character set
and trying to connect using Windows ODBC Manager with
Postgres driver (8.01.00.05).

I'm using the UNICODE version of the driver to
retrieve some UTF8 characters form the database. The
problem is, in some stage of the SQLGetData it's
trying to do a conversion and breaking the character.
In both of the following cases I SET_CLIENT ENCODING
TO 'UNICODE'. This is from mylog_****.log

[3552][SQLGetData][3552]PGAPI_GetData: enter,
stmt=4140704
[3552]     num_rows = 1
[3552]     value = 'ä'
[3552]**** PGAPI_GetData: icol = 0, fCType = 1,
field_type = 1043, value = 'ä'
[3552]copy_and_convert: field_type = 1043, fctype = 1,
value = 'ä', cbValueMax=1000
[3552]DEFAULT: len = 1, ptr = '�?'
[3552]    SQL_C_CHAR, default: len = 1, cbValueMax =
1000, rgbValueBindRow = '�'

Using the ANSI version of the driver I don't encounter
this problem

[2788][SQLGetData][2788]PGAPI_GetData: enter,
stmt=4140528
[2788]     num_rows = 1
[2788]     value = 'ä'
[2788]**** PGAPI_GetData: icol = 0, fCType = 1,
field_type = 1043, value = 'ä'
[2788]copy_and_convert: field_type = 1043, fctype = 1,
value = 'ä', cbValueMax=1000
[2788]DEFAULT: len = 2, ptr = 'ä'
[2788]    SQL_C_CHAR, default: len = 2, cbValueMax =
1000, rgbValueBindRow = 'ä'

Does anyone know why this wouldn't work with the
UNICODE version of the PostgreSQL driver?

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Сообщение: Re: newbie: excel connection? other ad-hoc query windows client?
Сообщение: Re: newbie: excel connection? other ad-hoc query windows client?