Re: Searching union views not using indices

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Searching union views not using indices
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:38:30PM +0100, Michal Taborsky wrote:
> SELECT object_id FROM commonview WHERE link_id=1234567
>
> The result is sequential scan on all tables, append, sort and then
> filter scan on this whole thing. Which of course is slow as hell. We use
> version 8.0.2.

I couldn't duplicate this in 8.0.4; I don't know if anything's
changed since 8.0.2 that would affect the query plan.  Could you
post the EXPLAIN ANALYZE output?  It might also be useful to see
the output with enable_seqscan disabled.

Have the tables been vacuumed and analyzed recently?

--
Michael Fuhr

Сообщение: Re: insert performance for win32
Сообщение: Re: insert performance for win32