Re: slru.c race condition (was Re: TRAP: FailedAssertion("!((itemid)->lp_flags

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: slru.c race condition (was Re: TRAP: FailedAssertion("!((itemid)->lp_flags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
> > On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 06:17:53PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> This won't do as a permanent patch, because it isn't guaranteed to fix
> >> the problem on machines that don't strongly order writes, but it should
> >> work on Opterons, at least well enough to confirm the diagnosis.
>
> > Given your proposed fix on -patches, do you still need me to test this?
>
> Yes; we still need to verify that my theory actually explains your
> problem.  Given that I'm positing that you can repeatedly hit a
> two-instruction window, this is by no means a sure thing.  We need
> it tested (and with asserts on, so that we can tell if it's fixed
> the problem or not).
>
> > Also, is there any heap corruption risk associated with this patch?
>
> Look, Jim, I'm trying to help you fix this.  Are you going to help or not?
> If you want some kind of written guarantee, you're not going to get one.

I think we can say Jim gets his money back if he finds a bug.  :-)

Pennsylvania19073

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: slru.c race condition (was Re: TRAP: FailedAssertion("!((itemid)->lp_flags & 0x01)",)
Сообщение: Re: slru.c race condition (was Re: TRAP: FailedAssertion("!((itemid)->lp_flags